What I do

This blog is an open forum to talk about the real important issues that need to be talked about. Or just the real funny issues that people want to talk about...(note: My grammar and spelling are terrible, its part of the charm.)

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Are You Down With Chex Mix Pretzels?


As you can see from my face at the left this is going to be my WEIRD face for WEIRD posts.


The other day I was in a intense conversation with one of my good friends. The subject of our intense conversation: What is your favorite Chex Mix piece and why?

It's a very good question with lots of possibilities. First off, Chex Mix is a great snack loved by millions, and we were talking about there "Traditional" mix. After much debate we came up with one thing we agreed upon.

The Chex Mix Pretzel is by far the worst piece in the bag. If I wanted pretzels, I would have ate a bag of Pretzels. Not a bag of the Chex Mix Pretzels though, they are two different pretzels in a traditional Chex Mix bag, windows and circles, bottom line there isn't much substance to them. Which makes them insignifcant to eat. Unlike the Chex Mix breadsticks, If I wanted a bag of those, I simply couldn't get them.

If I'm going to eat pretzels, I either want them in stick form (so you can lick the salt off of them unitl they are white, and then pretend you are smoking...cool). Or in soft form, in which you can dip them into all sorts of fun sauces, and they're warm. Can't get any better than that.

So back to the orginal question: What is the best Chex Mix piece and why?

My answer: The dark rye chip - Most substance, Most flavor, Crunchy, and they are easy to pick out of the bag (Like Darius Rucker at the CMT awards).

But that is only my opinion, I would like yours: So please respond with your favorite Chex Mix piece and why?

The person with the best answer gets a bag of Chex Mix on me!

-- I would like to thank A.H., for contributing to this post--

Crazy C going out for Beer ---

5 comments:

  1. Its a toss up between the breadstick and the bagel chip. But i gotta go breadstick for the reason that i can get a bag of bagel chips, but the breadstick seems to only come in chex mix bags.

    Also, i just want to say that its bad enough they put pretzels in there, but TWO KINDS!?!?!? That is absurd.

    Also, while i agree with the warm soft pretzel, i find the small, thin pretzel sticks much more satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a personal fan of the regular bagel chips. These bagel chips are unlike any other bagel chip due to the fact they have the aroma of the bag baked in, if I could buy only those I would be in Heaven.

    Its simple really: Bagel + chip form + Chex mix flavor = Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly the Dark Rye Chip is the best because it has the most flavor, but I would like to add I just love eating the last bits of the bag because they are covered in the flavoring. Has anyone ever had the turtle or chocolate flavored mixes???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bottom of the bag is classic.

    Does anyone eat the pieces in order?

    I go...
    1. Pretzels
    2. Rye
    3. Bagel
    4. Chex
    5. Breadsticks

    And i hate when i miss a pretzel and have to eat it later than i wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ate the cheese flavored chex mix with lunch, and instead of having the bagel chip, they have this stupid wedge of crappy flavored cheezit...i'd rather cheesy bagel chip

    ReplyDelete