What I do

This blog is an open forum to talk about the real important issues that need to be talked about. Or just the real funny issues that people want to talk about...(note: My grammar and spelling are terrible, its part of the charm.)

Monday, July 6, 2009

STOP.... DROP..... AND.......ROLL

Its good to be back blogging after a long relaxing 4th of July weekend. One common occurrence of the 4th of July weekend is, people are handle fire a lot. Conventionally of course: lighting bonfires, fireworks, sparklers, bug candles etc. This got me thinking about the way kids across America learn about fire, and what to do if there is an accident.

If I remember correctly in about second grade we learn that if we were to catch on fire we should: STOP...... DROP..... AND ROLL. We practiced it in school, we went over it multiple times, it was drilled into our heads. I commend schools for doing such a noble thing, but I think STOP... DROP... AND... ROLL needs to be revised.

Being an expert on all things, I decided STOP....DROP.... AND ROLL.... is f**king stupid and outdated. If I ever caught on fire (knock on wood, I have not up to this point in my life) the last thing I would do is STOP. I'm suppose to STOP and think about myself burning, and then proceed to the next step. NOOOOO.... it should be DROP AND ROLL. If you are on fire either grab a fire extinguisher or drop and f**king roll like your life depends on it, cause it does. STOP is a unnecessary, harmful step in this process.

Luckly, people don't catch on fire all that often, but I would hate for someone to get hurt because they STOPPED before they dropped and rolled. So lesson today, if you catch on fire, drop and roll. Nothing else required.

Crazy C going out for a beer----

No comments:

Post a Comment